Last year Paizo Inc. announced that they were taking their award-winning RPG lineup into the stars, giving players a whole new set of classes, settings, rules, weapons and armor to play around with. After giving us the amazing RPG Pathfinder, there is no doubt here that their latest and greatest creation, Starfinder, will open up whole new worlds… literally.
Set in space-like settings, as you can likely tell from the title, players will be able to delve into the new lore of the Pact Worlds, different factions therein, all the gods they worship, and most of all (in my opinion) customize a starship and then blow shit up with it. As someone who dreams about flying an X-Wing to take out some Imperial scum in a galaxy far, far away, this has me exceedingly excited! Earlier today Paizo sent out a full press release outlining what is to come for players and game masters, their first Starfinder Adventure Path, new pawns and flip mats, how things will work with 3rd parties and most of all, price:
REDMOND, WA (January 31, 2017): Paizo Inc., publisher of the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, announces today the initial product line-up for the highly anticipated Starfinder Roleplaying Game, the new science fantasy RPG set in the world of Pathfinder, ready for blast-off at Gen Con Indy August 2017.
Starfinder RPG Core Rulebook: 560 pages of science-fantasy glory, the Starfinder RPG Core Rulebook features all the rules needed to play the Starfinder Roleplaying game, from classes and spells to lasers and starships, plus tons of setting information, new and classic races, and more. MSRP $59.99
The Starfinder Core Rulebook includes:
- Complete rules for players and GMs for science-fantasy races like logical androids, telepathic lashunta, ysoki ratfolk, and more—plus all of the classic fantasy races of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game!
- 7 new science-fantasy classes, from the spellhacking technomancer to the starship mechanic with a remote-controlled robot. Will you be a heavily armored soldier, a charismatic envoy, a stealthy operative, an occult mystic, or the cosmically attuned solarian, who calls forth strange powers and shapes energy weapons from stars and black holes?
- A detailed overview of Starfinder’s core setting, including the planets of the Pact Worlds, their gods, major factions and threats, and more.
- Complete rules for starship combat, as well as for building and customizing starships.
- Hundreds of science-fantasy weapons, armors, and items, both magical and technological, from plasma cannons and holy power armor to enchanted swords and cybernetic implants.
- Hundreds of spells to let mystic or technomancer characters tap into esoteric energies and rewrite the laws of physics.
- Rules for alien environments, deadly traps, bizarre diseases and poisons, and everything else needed to craft exciting adventures.
- Advice on converting Pathfinder RPG content to Starfinder, and vice-versa.
Starfinder Adventure Path: Incident at Absalom Station (Dead Suns 1 of 6): The first Starfinder Adventure Path kicks off as a deserted mining ship tows a mysterious asteroid out of hyperspace, revealing clues to an ancient alien superweapon that could threaten the existence of the Pact Worlds. Starfinder Adventure Path will be a bimonthly, 64-page book filled with not just linked adventures, but new setting information, alien creatures, and new rules and options for GMs and players. This volume features a mega-sized gazetteer of Absalom Station, magical relics, new monsters, and more. MSRP $22.99
Starfinder GM Screen: All the most important Game Master information is at the fingertips with this handy GM screen, its player-facing side emblazoned with a massive and gorgeous panoramic battle scene featuring all the Starfinder iconic heroes. MSRP $19.99
Starfinder Player Character Folio: This deluxe player character portfolio keeps track of characters with expanded character sheet sections, quick rules reference, and more. MSRP $9.99
Starfinder Core Pawn Collection: Spice up combat with this collection of gorgeous pawns, perfect for both PCs and enemies, including humanoids, monsters, starships, and more. A Starfinder Pawn Base Assortment will also be available, using the same size as the Pathfinder Pawn bases to mix and match between the two game systems. MSRP $24.99
Starfinder Flip-Mats: Basic Terrain (MSRP $14.99) is a standard square-gridded battle mat with ground on one side and decking for a spaceship or space station on the other. Basic Starfield (MSRP $19.99) is a larger-than-normal flip mat featuring two different starfields with a hex grid, perfect for Starfinder’s starship combat system.
Starfinder Compatibility License: The Starfinder Compatibility License is all fueled up and ready to launch for third parties to create their own Stafinder RPG-compatible content, with details and a publisher registry online at paizo.com/starfinder.
Set thousands of years in Pathfinder’s future, the Starfinder RPG is a stand-alone science fantasy game evolved from the Pathfinder RPG rules in which players take on the role of a rag-tag starship crew exploring the countless mysteries of a weird universe. Starfinder is also designed to integrate easily with the Pathfinder RPG, allowing players of either game to port over monsters, items, and adventures with a minimal conversion effort.
Retailers can pre-order the above Starfinder products from their distribution outlets. For more information about Starfinder, follow the Paizo blog with updates from creative director James Sutter.
About Paizo Inc.
Paizo Inc. is publisher of the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Tales novels, as well as board games and accessories. The Pathfinder world, in which players take on the role of brave adventurers fighting to survive in a world beset by magic and evil, is currently translated into eight languages, and has been licensed for comic book series, graphic novels, toys, and apparel. Paizo.com is also a leading online hobby retail store, offering tens of thousands of products from a variety of publishers to customers all over the world.